Recipe: Cucumber kimchi
Summary: Cucumber kimchi is one of favorite summer side dish. You can enjoy fresh cucumber flavour as well as tangy taste of kimchi.
- 3 Cucumbers
- 1/2 Bundle of Chives
- 1T Minced Garlic
- 1t Minced Ginger
- 1T Chopped Green Onion
- 2/3 Cup Korean Chili Powder
- 1t Salt
- 1T Sugar
- Cut a cucumber in 4cm length
- Slit the cucumber without going through the end and make 4 slits.
- Add salt to water and boil water.
- Put the cucumbers in a large bowl and pour hot salty water in it.
- Take the cucumbers out from the bowl after 30 mins and dry them with a towel
- Chop chives into 1cm length.
- Add minced garlic, minced ginger, chilly powder, sugar, and salt to chives and mix them well in a bowl.
- Stuff the slit-cut cucumbers with the mix and stack the stuffed cucumbers in a container.
- Spread 5T of the salty water from Step 4 over the cucumbers.
- Keep the cucumber container outside in a room temperature for a day.
- Move it to the refrigerator and serve it cold.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)