Recipe: Pine nut porridge (잣죽)
Summary: Pine nut porridge is a high-protein porridge that Koreans eat when they are sick or feel under the weather. The benefits of pine nuts are well known. They are believed to help strengthen immune system and digestion. Pine nut porridge doesn’t require many ingredients and it can be a good hot breakfast too.
- Rice 1/2 cup
- Pine Nuts 1/3 cup
- Water 2.5 cups
- Salt very little
- Soak 1/2 cup of rice in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes
- Blend the rice and water in a blender
- Blend the pine nuts with 1/2 cup of water in a blender
- Cook the blended rice in a pot and stir it until it slightly gets thickened.
- Add the pine nuts to the pot and stir for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt and serve in a bowl when it is hot.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes