Recipe: Seaweed Soup (미역국)
Summary: Seaweed is effective at stimulating healthy milk production in nursing moms. Seaweed is also believed to be an excellent blood cleanser.
- 1 (1 ounce) dried seaweed
- 1/4 pound beef top sirloin, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Soak dried seaweed in water. When it gets dehydrated, drain seaweed and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat a pot over medium heat; add beef, sesame oil, 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, and a little salt, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add seaweed to the pot and and stir
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce; cook for 1 more minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour in 2 cups of water, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in garlic and remaining 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4