Recipe: Kimchi Chigae (김치찌게)
Summary: Kimchi Chigae is a spicy hot pot made with leftover Kimchi.
- 2t sesame oil
- 1/2 pound of pork stew meat, cut into cubes or strips
- 1 package of firm tofu, cut in cubes
- 2 – 3 cups of fermented Kimchi
- 2t soy sauce
- 1t sugar
- 1t minced garlic
- 1t chopped green onion
- 3 cups of water
- Saute the pork in sesame oil in a pot for a few minutes
- Add the kimchi to the post and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of Kimchi juice and 3 cups of water
- Add tofu, soy sauce, minced garlic and sugar.
- Boil it for 10 minutes, add green onions at the very end
- Serve with steamed rice.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2