Recipe: Hyedupbap (Spicy Chirashi)
Summary: Hyedupbap means rice covered with sashimi in Korean. Hyedumbap is one of my favorite Korean dishes. It is a mix of fresh vegetables, fresh sashimi, sweet and spicy sauce. It is very easy to make. All you need to do is thin-slicing all the ingredients.
- Diced Tuna or Salmon 1/3 Pound
- Thin Sliced Lettuce 2 leaves
- Thinly sliced Sesame Leave 5 Leaves
- Green Pepper 1/5
- Thin Sliced Cucumber 1/5
- Thin Sliced Carrot 1/5
- Sliced Garlic 1 clove
- Red Chili Paste 1T
- Sesame Oil 1t
- Sugar 1/2 T
- Vinegar 1/2T
- Cooked rice 1 bowl
- Put the rice in a large bowl
- Place thinly sliced lettuce, sesame leaves, carrot, garlic and green pepper nicely on the rice.
- Add diced tuna or salmon on the top of the vegetable.
- Make the sauce by mixing red pepper paste, sesame oil, sugar, and vinegar.
- Serve the sauce on the side or put it on the top of fish.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
Culinary tradition: Korean