Galbi or kalbi is most famous Korean barbecue dish made with marinated beef short ribs.
Beef Rib (diagonally cut) 4 Pounds
Chopped Green Onion 1T
Mashed Garlic 1T
Sesame Oil 1/3 Cup
Soy Sauce 1 Cup
Sugar 2/3 Cup
Black Pepper 1/2t
1. Soak ribs in water for 1 hour and drain. Get rid of fat.
2. Make sauce with soy sauce, sugar, chopped green onion, mashed garlic, sesame oil and black pepper. Grind kiwi, pear, and apple and mix them with the sauce.
3. Marinate ribs with the sauce for 12 hours.
4. Heat the oven and grill ribs for 15 minute or barbecue them.
* Most of korean grocery stores have diagonally cut ribs. They are called ‘LA galbi’ since they are laterally cut.