Cucumber kimchi is one of favorite summer side dish. You can enjoy fresh cucumber flavour as well as hot & sour kimchi flavour.
1/2 Bundle of Chives
1T Minced Garlic
1t Minced Ginger
1T Chopped Green Onion
2/3 Cup Korean Chili Powder
1. Cut the cucumbers into 4cm lengths.
2. Slit-cut the cucumber sections lengthwise, leaving about 1cm on end and make 4 slits.
3. Add salt to water and boil water.
4. Put the cucumbers in a bowl and pour hot salty water in it.
5. Drain water after 30 mins.
6. Chop chives into 1cm length.
7. Add minced garlic, minced ginger, chilly powder, sugar, and salt to chives and mix them well.
8. Fill the slit-cut cucumbers with the mix and stack the stuffed cucumbers in a container.
9. Keep the cucumber container outside in a room temperature for a day.
10. Move it to the refrigerator and serve it cold.