Recipe: Cucumber cold soup (오이냉국)
Summary: Summer in Korea is very hot and humid. There are many cold soups and cold dishes are popular to cool down summer heat. Cucumber cold soup (오이냉국) is one of my favorite summer soup. Here is how I make it.
- Cucumber 1/2
- Salt 1/2T
- Minced Garlic 1t
- Sliced Red Chili 1/2
- Cold Water 3 Cups
- Sugar 1t
- Salt 1t (for soup)
- Soy sauce 1T
- Vinegar 2T
- Sesame oil a few drops
- Cut a cucumber into 2mm slices, toss with 1/2 T of salt and 1t of minced garlic and mix them well in a bowl
- Squeeze water out from the sliced cucumber after 10 minutes
- Make the soup with 3 cups of cold water, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoon of vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Toss the cucumber slices in the soup
- Add thinly sliced red chili
- Refrigerate soup before serving.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2