Recipe: Chili Prawns
Summary: There are several dishes that Koreans believe were originated from China, but quite often they are only found in Chinese restaurants in Korea. Chili prawn is only of those dishes. A bit spicy, sweet and delicious!
- 20 Prawns
- Potato Starch 2/3 Cup
- 1 Egg
- Onion 1/2
- Carrot 1/2
- Chinese Chili Oil 3 T
- Ketchup 1/2 Cup
- Sugar 2 T
- Peel off and wash prawns.
- Make batter with starch, egg and water.
- Add the prawns to batter and deep fry the battered prawns.
- Mix Chinese chili oil, ketchup, and sugar and quickly cook them on a heated pan (or wok)
- Cook sliced onion and carrot on the pan
- Pour the sauce into the sliced onion and carrot
- Add the prawns and mix them with the sauce and veggie.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4